I would greatly appreciate any help as I cannot handle with this problem for a long time already.
I remember that there was a topic about the same kind of problem in the old truecrypt.org forum but I am hopeless as it's dead now.
To start from the beginning:
- I created the logic partition (15 GB) on my hard drive which I encrypted using TrueCrypt and used it as a storage for files (on Windows XP)
- While using, partition was recognized as a RAW by Windows XP but after mounting everything was working fine
- I decided to try to migrate to Windows Vista
- After system change (done on completely other partition, TrueCrypt partition was left untouched) I can mount this partition using TrueCrypt
- BUT after mounting partition is recognized as a RAW
- I returned to Windows XP (then to Windows 7 which I am using now) - partition is still not working
So in short, after installing Vista and returning back to Windows XP, I could mount TrueCrypt partition but it was recognized as a RAW.
I made images of the partition and working on them. TestDisk cannot recognized any filesystem there. GetDataBack, DiscExplorer - all hopeless.
I am especially angry because as I said, I remember the special topic on the old forum, only about this problem. Maybe someone remembers something from there?
Thank you for any ideas and help!